Sunday, March 25, 2007

NUS application

Last Wednesday 21st March, I purposely took an unpaid leave (for 'emergency'). Ching took for Monday while Huey took for Tuesday.. haha... we actually have annual leaves to take, but we didn't want! because.. we prefer working less days... it shows how much we dislike this job!

Jin fetched me at about 12.30pm, we went to our dear School to certify documents and to chat with teachers too.
While I was in Pn Sarjit's room (she helped us to certify, well.. it's troublesome actually to certify Sets of documents!), I'd received a call from SRJK (c) Desa Jaya! I had saved its phone number before that. Wow... I was offered the second time to work as a temporary teacher!
It's because I had told the teacher (who called me and was rejected by me) to call me in the end of March, I said I might be not working anymore by this time.

So, I did agree to her, and I would be working start on coming Wednesday -- 28th!
For the current job, coming Monday will be our Last day! muahahahaha!
... oh no! I have only one day to rest! Right?! aiyaya... I shouldn't agree to her to start working so early... but she kept on saying that they need teacher urgent..

In the afternoon, Jin was with me at my house, she was quite bored... while I was too busy and stressful in choosing courses and Universities... T_T
I had just completed one application by that day -- National University of Singapore!
Ching, Hoon and I did apply for this University... I know, it's hard for me with 3.25 to be accepted into this famous University:

The National University of Singapore (NUS) has been ranked amongst the World's Top 20 and Top 3 universities in Asia in the QS World University Rankings 2006 conducted by the Times Higher Education Supplement (THES). In this annual ranking of the top 200 universities worldwide, NUS shared 2nd place in Asia and 19th spot overall with University of Tokyo.

My choice: Pharmacy --> Science --> Bioengineering
In fact, I hope I can get the 2nd one... I want one of the course under Science..
Well, I have expected I can't get any... no harm to give it a try too!
It took me the whole day to think... @@

5 Comments:

Blogger zickleer said...

miss elaine...miss elaine...my fren he got 4 As ask me how to apply the NUS scholarship thing wor....how arr?....thanks :)

teikywengy

March 25, 2007 6:06 pm  
Blogger hedwig elaine said...

er.. U mean he also applied NUS edi?
regarding scholarship, I'm not so sure... coz I didn't apply for it... as i know, most of the loan etc.. is only applicable after you are accepted into their U..

so.. I'm sorry, cnt help..

March 26, 2007 1:33 am  
Blogger zickleer said...

hehe..its ok:)
he do ady...

eh..how do ya apply wan?gotta pay the $20 sing dollars too rite?
teikywengy

March 26, 2007 2:03 am  
Blogger hedwig elaine said...

ya, before filling the form, he should read the rules etc carefully so that he will knw what he must do..

to pay S$20, can be done through paying by Bank Draft (only applicable for the bank approved in Singapore of course) or Credit card online.

I paid it by Bank draft, Maybank's..
and all supporting documents must reach by 31st March 07.

March 26, 2007 2:10 am  
Blogger zickleer said...

tengkius berry berry much oh miss elaine...eh..silap...cikgu elaine!:P

teikywengy

ps.dun bully the students ar.can pinch them in the cheek la if they r cute.hehe

March 27, 2007 12:52 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home