Wednesday, March 28, 2007

call me 谢老师

Planned to wake up at 8am today, but failed to do so, I woke up at 8.30am.. Woke up my younger brother Yu, we went to Klinik Taman Ehsan together to check our teeth.
I have toothache since CNY, I thought I would need to fill a tooth, but after checking, the dentist said my teeth are healthy, the pain was caused by the growth of my wisdom teeth! aiyo...
And for Yu, the doctor said he still has a primary (baby) tooth! lol... he's now 19 years old already!
We waited for long time until our turn!... but at the end, we checked and everything was ok! hehe... of course, it's the best !
Next, I needed to rush home as it was already 11.30pm! I had to work!

After finished preparing & had my lunch, I walked to my old primary school SRJK (c) Desa Jaya, under the hot sun! It's my first day being a temporary teacher!
Firstly, I met my friends who work there as temporary teacher like May Jing, Wei Jie, KV, Xiao Hao etc, but they are the subject teachers who have many works to do -- prepare the syllabus, mark the exercises etc...


Then, I went to see the 'penyelia petang', she gave me the timetable of the 1V class teacher, I was the relief for the teacher. In fact, I'm not working as a subject teacher nor class teacher, but as a relief teacher. So, my job now is to get the timetable from a teacher in charge everyday right after I reach the school, and go into different class to guard them.. haha...
Today I went into 3 of the standard 1 class -- 1V, 1L & 1Y.... everything was still okay, under control~ For 1Y, I just needed to 'accompany' them to the computer lab and sat there, the teacher teaching computer subject will be the one in charge.
For 1V & 1L, I did teach them, I couldn't sit there only because they surely would make noise... I did revision together with them; the subjects taught today were Moral, Chinese Language & Science in English.

The standard 1 students are hyperactive enough! They like to ask many questions, like to talk, like to walk around, like to run to toilet, once you let a student go, the whole class would follow. I did the wrong thing today, I let almost all of them went to toilet, but not all went at the same time. I know, I will change this 'policy' tomorrow, I won't let them go unless it's really 'urgent', hope I wouldn't be cheated by their acts!

They also like to make a lot of complaints! Such as, she bullies me, he bullies me, he doesn't want to return the erase, he borrowed my crayons etc... there's a case, the boy cried because his erase was torn into 2 parts by his classmates.... then the other two boys didn't want to admit =.="
To be fair, I asked the girl sitting beside one of the naughty boy, she witnessed and said it's the boy sitting beside her did it! well, I didn't beat him, I just scolded him... and asked the 'victim' not to cry anymore for this small matter...

It's really challenging for a teacher to handle these matters! I don't know what should I do actually, I need to be trained on this lah... Need to respond to the situation fast in correct way, not hurting any student... aiyaya...

It's really a big responsibility to be a teacher!

oh ya, today... my students like to make fun of me, by saying "谢谢谢老师" =.="
it's normal to say like this when I wanted to leave the classroom, but they repeated for N times... by the way, I am so happy to hear the students saying good afternoon teacher
午安老师 hehe...

Last time, when I worked in the office, I was like in the North Pole... it was extremely cold, I needed to wear sweater (coat)..
Now, I sweated a lot! It was so hot, and I had to walk much, from class back to teacher's office, then walk to another class again, and the same action kept on repeated...
It is contrary to what I was doing, I'm not sitting the whole day now, I have to talk loud too...

and I'm having muscle pain at my calves now...

Labels:

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shiok to listen them say 起立,行礼,老师午安 leh? :p

March 29, 2007 8:33 am  
Blogger hedwig elaine said...

haha... yaya! nice la.. but worried how if i enter a 'mo gui' class.. gotta get myself a 'rotan' first..

March 29, 2007 10:08 am  
Blogger KP Chen said...

At least you taught in a school environment ah... I taught primary school kids tuition before. Really crazy de. There was one Korean boy who ALWAYS steps on my feet. Don't dare to cane them also cuz tuition centre ma... You should count yourself lucky =)

March 29, 2007 11:41 am  
Blogger ~iReNe~ said...

Haha... not easy 2 be a teacher. lucky that i'm teaching tuition to secondary students. last time those primary kids really make my head twice of normal size...

March 30, 2007 10:24 am  
Blogger hedwig elaine said...

yea, if compared to primary school kids tuition, teaching at school will be better, but if I do anything wrong, their parents will complain also..

oo.. of coz, if teaching secondary, will be better but in case they are samseng.. also bad la.. haha..

std 1 students are cute, but too too talkative! Like to complain a lot lah... like to talk bad about their classmates

March 31, 2007 12:52 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home