Wednesday, April 19, 2006

The Trouble with Formal Letter & Headmistress

today was quite a bad day.
Right after recess, Hoon and I went to find the Headmistress to sign a letter about the one day trip next week (what's that? em.. tell you next week). So, finally we had found her, in fact, we had been searching for her for few days... !


Before that, when we entered the office, we told the female clerk that we wanted to see Headmistress. Well, to tell the truth, I do really hate to see her (the clerk I mean) because she always shows us her 'lansi' face! We then gave her the letters to see, and she told us that we just needed to pass it to the G.P.Kanan... hey, if we don't need to get the approval from the headmistress, we wouldn't need to find her to sign lar....
The Headmistress came out from her office later on, and read the letter... she was not satisfied with the letter's...... format, to be more specific, the margin...
Actually, this was the second (or third I think..) time that we let her see the same letter to get her signature, of course, she was not satisfied with our letters last time and even helped us to change the format etc...

She commented that our letter looked not formal at all because of the margin. And it's such a joke to tell people that this letter was prepared by form six student.. (she didn't say this sentence, but the same meaning in another way round...). Even though she was not scolding us but her words sounded harsh to me... and she was telling all these in front of all of the clerks, kinda teasing us...
The headmistress even asked us whether we had learnt to write formal letter from BM teacher or not!

hey... we did, and we were following the format taught which is also the same as what is written in the reference book! weird!

I found out that I am quite afraid to deal with teachers, especially to request something... I will have nothing much to say or be speechless, just know to nod or shake my head @@, that means I will lose my talkativeness in this situation... maybe that's because I can't speak malay and english that well...
besides, I am actually can't bear with the 'advice' that the headmistress gave, I felt quite angry with what she said and was quite reluctant to accept but what to do, I had to respect her very well... so I'm thinking, even this little 'advice' I couldn't accept, so am I a very narrow-minded person? I am worried about my future, how am I going to deal with the real world? sigh...


so, she didn't sign it again at the end, and asked me to type again in school at that time also.. but since there was no computer for me besides I was having class by that time. She said that I should bring along my diskette/pendrive so that I didn't need to retype... *sweat*
She then asked me to go home to type after school and then bring to school after that, on the same day! She didn't say 'must', but... to proove we do care about our work, I was thinking hard to find the best way out so that I could pass it up by today also.

Finally, I seek help from my chemistry teacher, Pn Chia. yeah.. she lent me her laptop to retype the letter right after school. Then, she helped me to print it in the office... yes, I'd finally done it.. but the Headmistress was not in!
Earlier on, she said she would be in the school until 6pm... but she had cheated me huh?
My teacher treated me a meal later on at a foodcourt outside the school. haha.. thanks teacher~
okay, so.. after the dinner, we went back to school, and found that the headmistress' car was not there....... Should I wait her back? How if she didn't want to come back? The final decision was, I went home by teacher's car... that means I didn't wait for her... sigh...
Ceh, she was wasting my time + effort and my teacher's time lar... If I knew she wouldn't be in school, I would go home to retype lar...

I hope that I will be able to find her tomorrow to sign the letter!!! Will she sign it? hmm..


there was a small argument in my house just now ... sigh...
The cause was the bad cousins' crying which is so irritating... they always fight for every little thing and they cry so easily and loudly! Sometimes, they cry in the middle of the night, because they sleep at quite late night.. one will become mad if he/she stays in this situation for long time..
well, I can't really bear with the crying too!!!!! I hate them...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home