Monday, January 21, 2008

Dental Check Up & 1st Swimming Lesson

Since USM Clinic is just located beside my current staying hostel, and it's free of charge for students, I'd made an appointment for dental cleaning and check up on 7th January 2008 (yup, it's an old story to tell).

After checking my teeth in one minute (or even less than one minute), the female dentist started to perform the teeth cleaning on me while chatting with her colleagues....
I've forgotten either this was my first time to have teeth cleaning or .... did I have it done before?

Bearing the pain (not extremely painful,... hard to describe that feeling, erm.. lighter than the pain you would have for filling tooth), opening the mouth wide .... phew, finally it's done!
Gargled... and... OMG! yuck.... the washout......there were too many... "rubbishes" coming out from my teeth besides bleeding mildly...

wow... the breath I am having now is fresher than the ones in the past.... seems like removing those unwanted debris, tartar & plaque is one of the important ways in getting rid of bad breathe...
[anyhow, some of my friends had some bad experiences with the dentists here... which caused them to pay more money to fix their teeth problems at private dental clinics]


A newer story to tell....
I had my first entry into USM swimming pool last Thursday. As mentioned last time, I've registered "Klinik Renang" to learn swimming, and I had the first lesson that day.

What we had been taught by our dear instructor Jolyn was breathe control and blow bubbles through nose and mouth, float on our back in the water (but I haven't mastered this skill; actually I knew to float when I was young... yaya, I'm old now... haiz..);
and breaststroke (learn how to kick -- frog kick like)... in fact, my aunt had ever taught me to swim with breaststroke too.. very long time ago, but not with very correct postures.

Seems like I need more practices! oh....
*I hadn't worn a proper swimsuit to a swimming pool for many years, always I just went to waterfall etc in normal clothes.... being fat (not very fat though, but not a good figure to look at...), having no confidence...
*no photo taken =p ... the swimsuit I bought was quite expensive, it is Arena's one piece, but look like two piece.. like a singlet with a short pant heehee.... so it's not sexy of course... not allowed in USM pun... haha.. if not I wouldn't dare to wear it and showed to so many people at the swimming pool there...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi.
can anyone outside USM come and join any swimming lesson there? i'm new in penang and looking for a swimming class to join. thanks

March 05, 2008 2:24 am  
Blogger hedwig elaine said...

sorry.. according to what I know, only USM students and staffs can join..

March 08, 2008 2:20 pm  
Anonymous Aina said...

do they still have the swimming lesson this year? If they do, what day and what time does it take place? One piece suit (singlet and shorts all together) is acceptable?

July 11, 2010 10:35 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home