Monday, May 09, 2005

My passion towards RO

RO ~ Ragnarok Online, the first online game in Malaysia

I started to be in touch with RO on December 2003, the holiday before my form 5 started.
During the holiday before that, I used to be very hardworking, did exercises for my english grammar as I knew I was very weak in it [now the same =p]. After I knew the existence of RO, I indulged in playing game, didn't do my english exercise anymore. There was still few weeks time before my form 5 class started, I kept playing RO whenever I was free but the computer is sharing between my brothers and I.
Everyday, I woke up automatically early in the morning (my early not really very early, about 8 am), just to play game. It's because that time my brothers haven't wake up.
Until after my form 5 started, I still kept thinking of it. Right after I back from school, I would do all my things included eat and bathe, then did my homework while my brothers played, then in night time, my turn to play game. Sometimes my brothers and I fighted for our turn to play RO.
At first, everyone played the game without need to pay, but after few months, we had to pay to play this game, quite a number of people stopped playing after that but there were still many people like us continued.
Even my father was attracted to play this game, affected by us. Many of my net friends were shocked to know this. Besides, my mum's shop also started to sell RO reload cards and books about RO, kinda be the distributor.
Then, there was a programmed designed especially for RO, bot, for leveling up the level of the character we playing automatically. It's illegal but almost everyone playing RO did that. Before we used the bot, we handplay to level up the character hard, but with much fun as we could get to know many friends from RO while partying to fight monsters. After we started to use bot, we reduced the time to play as we wanted the bot to run to level up our character faster.
However, our hearts were still on RO. We couldn't stop thinking of RO, we couldn't concentrate on our study like the past. My result wasn't really bad, but if I studied more, I knew I could get a better result.
Form 5, as we all know, it's the year we having SPM, a very important exam to decide our future. I didn't see it as very important but only important. Frankly, I didn't have much mood to study or struggle to do exercises to get the best result.

Many people wondering, is it the game so attractive? hmm... at first, I can tell you yes. It's normal for all people to be indulged in doing something very new, something that you haven't master the skill to do the best, something that you are still weak in it. So, the same with RO, I coudn't stop thinking of it because I still haven't master the game, I still got many things unknown, I was like a noob there. But now, I am going to start my form 6 in about one week time, I can tell you, I can stop keep thinking of RO already. Very simple reason, I have no regret in playing it already because almost all the thing I want to do I'd already done. It can be said as, I quit ROing. ROing ~ the new word we created for playing RO, a verb. I don't say that I already master the whole game, but... at least half or more than half, it's more than enough.

The biggest reward I obtained from RO ~~> I'd got to know many many new net friends. They are sincere friends to me, better than those we knew in ICQ. RO friends are true friends to me, mostly but not all. ICQ friends, mostly are pretending, cheating, but can't deny that there are small parts of them are true to you. As many people agree, RO is just like another Real World, it reflects most of the people's real personality.
I think in future, I may go in RO to walk walk inside to search for my net friends once in a while, maybe once in a few months, but it doesn't mean I am still indulged in playing RO.
There are a lot of sweet and bitter memories in RO. I will have them in my memory forever.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmm. my first mmorpg? it'll be MU, global server, though i've stopped playing it now, i remembered i spend quit alot of time on it too, met alot of ppl from everywhere, but unlike my bro, i spend the time training by myself alone(yea, maybe the virtual world somehow did represent our true personality), where my bro's the one who went partying ppl and getting to know others. then there's tis gunbound. which i played everyday during the SPM exam, and went to school and chat wit my gb friends whole day, instead of doing the so-called last-minute-preparation in school. i've found out about o2jam at the CCs, i've downloaded it just to know it's a pay2play online game. (i love all the tracks though so i went to the site and downloaded every tracks!)

well, somehow i dont think ur english is bad, compared to most ppl i know, u used alot of complex words, at least they were to me; i use simple words only :)

talking bout all these online games. it's just too many. shen zhou, jin yong, etc etc, ROSE, World of Warcraft, CS; steam, RYL, RYL2, so many, i know these games cuz all my friends were playing them and asked me to download the thing to join them too, which i cant, cuz my comp doesnt meet the requirments for those games. sigh. bout RO? i knew my friend ran a RO private server. so all the moderator and game master were my friends.

never played RO, cuz it's abit cartoonish. no offend made. cuz i'll get bored if i played any games for too long, i mean situations like continuously playing the same game for over 5 or more hours. i dont mind daily though.

weird, i dont even understand what am i saying.

May 09, 2005 3:21 pm  
Blogger hedwig elaine said...

lol
erm.. I won't try other game now, scared I will addicted again ^^

I played gunbound before, but.. not addicted, still a chick, erm.. dunno y, I don't find RO is cartoonish, but ..haha.. maybe bcoz I'm gal, I think it's cute, and... pretty lol

May 09, 2005 4:11 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

well, i think ther's a problem with me, i think i'm addicted to the computer, thou i'm not addicted to any games.

May 10, 2005 12:16 am  
Blogger hedwig elaine said...

oh.. same here wat...lol

May 10, 2005 1:20 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

to make matter worse, my computer is completely dinosaur compared to any state of the art computers nowdays.

May 10, 2005 1:51 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home