Wednesday, April 27, 2005

call me leng lui !?

what is leng lui? It means 'pretty', read it in cantonese.

so, am I a leng lui?
No~! yo... I don't think so, but....

the situation is like this, I never being called as leng lui in my school, it's because I am always nothing special, wearing a pair of golden spectacles, short, have a very normal face with many pimples on it. (want to see how I look like? I won't post it over here, just go my friendster if you want, click on the link at the sidebar)

As we all know, always when you go to a shop, want to buy food or etc, the boss or shopkeeper or salesman.... will say, 'leng lui, mau beli apa?' some sentences like this, always say 'leng lui' or 'leng zhai', all positive call, no matter how actually the customers look like. So, I really always being call as leng lui (you're the same, right?)

Since, I always display my photo in my msn, my net friend can see how I look like (recently, I always display different photo of mine since I bought a handphone with camera function). My netfriends say, 'oh, you're a leng lui leh'. hmm... maybe quite pretty in the photo, but.. they are just photo,besides I don't wear my ugly spectacle when take photo,plus if the photos are being taken at the right angle, someone can become prettier than they are. It's my opinion. Other than that, we can't clearly see the pimples also (especially in small photo).

Lastly, although I think I'm not pretty, shouldn't be called as leng lui, but... I allow you to call me as leng lui. wuahahha.... you know why?
That's because.... my name is Cheah Yee Leng, can guess? yo...yeah... see? haha..still dunno?
sometimes, people only call their friend's name's last word. mine is LENG
and... in cantonese, people use 'lui' to call girl, use 'zhai' to call boy...
aha~! can figure out? yeah... my name's last word is Leng, I am a girl (lui),
call me Leng Lui~!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

u know here at my place there's an eating area and this hawker owaz call ppl leng lui or endau(handsom). it got worst when he start calling old aunties or old grandmas "sui eh"(pretty one). well, lastime when i worked i've been called worse. i worked at a restaurant and customers used to call me uncle, even some who're older than me. and that sucks. i dont know, i think i look stupid in a photo. i mean, i owaz looked goofy in photos. i cant have that natural look when ppl are snapping away at me. neway, i think u look better with specs on. i mean, specs tend to make one look more. uhm. uhm. i dont know. maybe it's just wat i think.

April 28, 2005 2:04 am  
Blogger hedwig elaine said...

lol...haha... those people who always 'sui bian' call people as leng lui or leng zhai or etc... haiz... they even call ugly ugly people as leng lui or leng zhai... kinda teasing them I think. =.="
really? specs tend to make one look more? mature? sexy?? or?? ^^

April 28, 2005 10:05 am  
Blogger hedwig elaine said...

oh ya... actually I think I maybe quite 'shang jing'(in chinese) or "xiong geng" (in cantonese), so I look quite ok in photo, I think my real is not as pretty as in photo...lol

April 28, 2005 12:21 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home