Monday, May 09, 2005

Mother's Day

yesterday was mother's day, what I did? hmm

As my father worked yesterday, so, we didn't go out for shopping as usual, my mum opened the book shop while didn't go anywhere else. My two younger brothers and I shared money to buy KFC for our dinner, hehe^^, counts it as the present we give to my mum..... not bad what~! It's better than buy anything useless.
When I was small, I always made card for my mum when it's Mother's Day. erm.. I think it's quite meaningless now, and kinda useless, in addition, I am lazy to make a card too... but... I know when a mother receive a handmade card by her children, she surely feel happy for that, however, I think most of the adults nowadays won't do that also, perhaps they are lazy like me, even we use money to buy a card, a very very expensive beautiful card, our mother won't happy too.

other than that, few weeks ago, I came across the advertisement about message dedication for mother's day through sms, so I did sms my message to The Star.
However, I didn't win any prize if not mistaken, it's not even a consolation prize but my message was published.
Er... I made a spelling mistake.... I ask you, how would you call your mother? Mum? Mom? Mummy? Mommy?
I tell you, I called my mother as mummy/mommy, which one is correct?
In fact, the time when I sms, I confused about it... I should have known the right spelling, but I spelt wrong... I spelt it as mommy, while the correct one is mummy, I'd just checked the dictionary. It's either mum or mummy. That time, I thought mummy is wrong, can figure out why I think like that?
I thought 'mummy' only stands for one meaning ~: dead person preserved from decay by being embalmed, esp. as by the ancient Egyptians. (mu nai yi, read in mandarin)
... ... ... *burst into laughter* ... ... ... <---- do you?
The lesson, don't mis-spelling the holy word, mummy.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

it's universal, anything that speaks of ur mom or means her is her. i mean. whoever cares about it, it's ur mom who's more important, anyone'll know ure addressing to ur mom. mom is everything.

May 09, 2005 3:02 pm  
Blogger hedwig elaine said...

lol... no.. what I wan to tell is, I wrote mommy coz I thought mummy is mu nai yi, but i speak the same lar...like mummy lor... haha...

May 09, 2005 4:08 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home