Saturday, April 23, 2005

I love M@nglish

Not to criticise Malaysian, as I'm one of those who like to speak Manglish, yeah.. rock..
haha... when I speak English, I like to mix with Chinese + Malay. Even when I am speaking Chinese, I like to add in English + Malay. If I speak Hokkien, I like to add in Chinese, Malay & English; and the same with when speaking Malay.
LoL
oh ya.. I always add 'leh' ; 'oh' ; 'ah' ; 'ma' etc... just to show my emotion...hehe^^
That has become Malaysian's Chinese people's custom I think. Nice to speak, nice to hear. Sometimes don't know why just like to mix few language to be used together. Can it be called as 'Rojak'? ^^
Personally I don't like to learn Malay Language or read Malay's story [that's why my Malay only get B3 in SPM], but I always 'campur' them in my english speaking especially. Just don't know why I think some words from Malay are more suitable to describe something when I am speaking English. It's the same when I am speaking certain language and 'campur' some other language's word.

as long as we can control ourselves when speaking to those can't understand other languages other than the language we are speaking [like English especially], e.g: visitor from other country as they can't understand our manglish
besides, it's important to use pure English when we are writing formal letter and in the exam oh....hahaha

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

screw spm, i've owaz thought i'd do well in bm, cuz i'll owaz get an A for it. i've got A1 for BM in my trial, guess what i've got in the SPM? a B3! maybe they've figured out i'm a chinese or something, or maybe i just sucks in bm. but i've really tried my best, done my best, i've actually read and prepare for that subject! (cuz normally i dont, for any other subjects too) anyway, i suck worst in my bc, i cant read chinese words, i cant write them too, so it's not so shocking when i've got b4 for my bc. for a while i was hating Chinese Stupidity (still do now), in fact, stupidity is the worst thing in this world. gee sorry, i'm off topic.

April 24, 2005 2:08 am  
Blogger ~iReNe~ said...

Rojak is the culture language of Malaysia... seriously, when u sit down and try to listen to the people around u... u'll find that we (malaysia) will mix everything in our conversations. English, mandarin, cantonese, tamil, malay, hokkien, hakka ... etc. these happen more worst among the chinese because the language among the chinese is already "A LOT" !!!

April 24, 2005 1:20 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

too bad ppl here at my place dont speak english or rojaks, they'll speak hokkien instead, which i hate very much, cuz i myself dont know how to speak them. and i hate hokkien alot. cuz when they curse or swear in hokkien, they make me wanna kill them right away on the spot.

April 24, 2005 4:47 pm  
Blogger Diane said...

still speaking correct english is important, that is still a afact we all have to bear in mind. sure, can go on speaking rojak english, but that do that in exams! LOL. i like speaking rojak english sometimes too. they sound more casual among malaysians. and best of all it's easy to learn. =)

April 24, 2005 9:41 pm  
Blogger ~iReNe~ said...

arc, where are you from?? i don't really understand hokkien, so even if ppl scolding me in hokkien i'll still smile at them...

diane, speaking proper english is almost impossible... (for me) unless we go overseas to get influence by them...

April 24, 2005 10:06 pm  
Blogger hedwig elaine said...

ahah.. wow.. so many comment ah..
=P since we all speak manglish and bahasa pasar..hahaha
yo.. hokkien.. erm.. I know to speak de wor.. of coz I can understand..hahaha ..but also rojak gek.. lol
BM.. didn't put much effort.. didn't do any exercise.. that's why I got only B3

April 24, 2005 10:39 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

it's not that i dont like hokkiens, i just dont like ppl using hokkien. argh, messed up, i mean, depends, sometimes hokkien (the language, not the ppl) is nice too, i mean, sometime some jokes had to be told in hokkien then only u could catch the joke. i understand hokkien, but i just dont speak them well. now my spoken language is mandrin, english and some malay. to cupid, i'm from sp, kedah. to diane, speaking english is ok, manglish oso ok, but if a chinese who acted banana and dont want to recognize chinese then that's not ok. i mean. i've seen those ppl, they try to think that they're not chinese. but let me remind u again that i hate chinese stupidity, gtg, still alot to say and explain, will be back soon.

April 25, 2005 12:25 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

well, i suddenly hate ppl cursing and swearing in hokkien mayb bcuz not long ago i nearly knock down this motorcyclist and he started swearing and cursing at me in hokkien. that pissed me off alot. i think i should've just run him down, as if that's what he wants. he's not even abit scratched, he could be considered lucky and still he tailed me and finally kicked my door. didnt he see the "P" on my windscreen? i should've added "ookie" after the "P". (but in the end i'm still wrong, i didnt really checked and went straight ahead when i reached the junction, doh!)

April 25, 2005 1:17 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home