Monday, June 16, 2008

Part-time job ended

yohooo... finally no more part-time working life before this holiday ends!
the total working days for this long holiday are 1o (bookfest') + 4 (ePromode's) = 14
hmm... the salary is not bad too, eh.... the money earned is.... more than the amount I used to buy the digital camera.... =p
*not sure of the exact amount yet.... because I haven't got it la... and exact earns should be the one after deducting the expenses too...

these jobs all required me to stand the whole day long... first one was more than 10 hours and the next one was about 8 hours...
Maybe you've heard about
ePromode before, not sure of what job I had done?.. hmm... will explain a bit...

After attending a basic training for about 3 hours at its headquarter office, you will be offered job anytime.... or you may request for job by telling those supervisors that you are free at this period, you can attend to work...
So, when they need Brand Ambassador for a certain product, they will call you to accept the offer at certain supermarket. Once you agree with the offer, you are required to attend a product training, also at the headquarter office.
em... can't really describe more I guess, it's P&C haha...

Anyway, the product I had promoted was Milo Junior (at Carrefour Midvalley) and Kit Kat Bites (Watson Midvalley).
okay, skip the part of how did I do my job, the way of promoting etc...

Talk about one embarrasing moment happened yesterday at Watson.
After taking the one-hour rest, I entered the small staff room. One of the staff entered after me and asked me to stand aside as she wanted to open her locker.
So I did as requested and didn't know how and why I ... accidentally I pressed on (squeeze?) the handle of the fire extinguisher.... notes that I didn't pull any safety pin okay! As a result, the white powder (should be CO2) was sprayed out ... the small staff room was full with the smog of powder....
Everyone in that room ran out... "to save own life"... =.="

Well, was it my fault? T_T
Luckily the situation was not that serious, someone went to 'stop' the powder from continue spraying out... and then the cleaner did his job.... when people described the incident to other colleagues not at the scene that time, they would mentioned... that kit kat girl loh..... SWT!
Really paiseh, embarrased! *cry*
I felt uneasy to continue working at the same place with those staffs... anyway, I pretended as if nothing had happened after I apologised to the some of the staffs, although many things kept haunting my mind while working....
I prefer working in Carrefour than in Watson, because the space is larger... more freedom... more colleagues to help each other... I was alone last two days ....

Well, guess that I'm not that suitable to be a promoter... sigh...
Result of observation after yesterday, most of the females entered Watson don't like eating chocolate, because it's fattening... and as many people know, majority of guys don't like eating chocolate too... or I should say, most of the human who like eating chocolates are children?!


I was lucky that my younger brother and one of my friend MayJing also worked for ePromode at Carrefour.... haha.. so we took KTM together to work and back. I also met Mei Kuan there haha.. she was working for Eucerin...

I had known few of the colleagues (not really colleagues but they also doing promoting job for the same company and some were from other companies).

Letty was a girl one year younger than me, who was promoting baby porridge with her booth beside mine last last Saturday and Sunday, when I was promoting Milo Junior. She was the first friend I had known there... a pretty girl! and she's nice, taught me a lot as she was a senior in this job haha...



Letty & Me @ Carrefour staff room!


the part-time job done:
1. My aunt's "personal" assistant @ Elken Stockist [after SPM]
2. Operator @ Alarm company--TYCO ADT [after STPM, 2 months]
3. Telemarketer @ Alarm company--TYCO ADT [after STPM, 1 month]
4. Temporary Relief Teacher @ SJK (c) Desa Jaya [after STPM, 2 months]
5. Cashier @ BookFest KLCC Convention Centre [long sem break after 1 year of University life, 11 days]
6. Always help my mum and dad at their small old bookshop since young haha....

7. Brand Ambassador @ Carrefour + Watson Midvalley -- for Milo Junior & Kit Kat Bites

anway, I earned some more experiences from this part-time job...
anyone who is free and want to try out this job to earn some pocket money? It's quite flexible as we can accept or reject the job offer or request for job depends on our free time...

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger sunbliss said...

i see, u promoted those products..
tell me earlier ma, i love kit kat n chocolate, can help u finish the samples hehe..
the design of the fire extinguisher shoulf be something wrong...

June 17, 2008 9:56 pm  
Blogger shereen said...

hi!i have read ur blog that u have work in epromode b4...i found that some ppl said that they have problem getting the paid that they should get,may i know is it true??whats ur opinion bout tat??n may i know who is ur supervisor??thanks

November 10, 2008 5:41 pm  
Blogger hedwig elaine said...

hmm.. the supervisor is already left the company oh....andrew
i got my pay after about one month by the way... no problem for me n my brother... hmm...

November 10, 2008 6:53 pm  
Blogger shereen said...

oh ok..thanks for ur comment bout it..tc!

November 11, 2008 3:48 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home