Friday, May 09, 2008

My brand new Olympus µ830

On Wednesday, 7th May 05, was the day which I woke up the earliest during this holiday period so far -- 8am! haha...I met my USM friends -- Angey, Pui Shan and Ah Ming for Karaoke session at Green Box, Sungei Wang!

wakaka... happy XD ... 3 of them all can sing very well! Although I was not and didn't want to sing that much (sound pollution paiseh..), I did enjoy myself listening to their singing! I planned to bring Hoon along since she can sing well too, but she was paiseh too as she didn't know my USM friends... too bad la hehe...

We paid RM11.50 each person (the total amount divided by 4 averagely), for the singing from 11am-2pm. However, we were not satisfied yet haha... luckily together with the bill, we were given a free voucher for half hour singing in a small transparent room in Green Box, next to the counter =)

It's kinda weird for singing inside the transparent room, but we ignored the people watching us from outside, enjoyed ourselves very much haha... we did take some photos too but cannot upload here because can't get them from Pui Shan now...

After that, we walked around Sg. Wang and Times Square as Pui Shan wanted to buy a bag while I wanted to buy a new digital compact camera! However, Pui Shan was in rush, needed to go home earlier and didn't buy anything.
3 of us then went to Low Yat Plaza but ended buy nothing there too. I wanted to buy cooler and dvd-r but reserved for next pc-fair better ha...

Finally, I had bought an Olympus µ830 digital compact camera, for RM900, including one more lithium ion rechargeable battery.
In fact, my budget was only RM700-800 =.=" ... my dad agreed to let me buying a camera on the day I was back to KL as the old Nikon 3.2MP camera was malfunctioned already (it's not mine actually, but my aunt's). He would pay half amount of the price of the camera. I had seek much informations and searched around for few famous camera brands.

At first I wanted to buy Nikon S520.... which only cost RM688.... and as I mentioned before, I like Nikon camera very much... in the last PC fair at Penang I wanted to buy another model of Nikon camera...

However, after collecting comments from many people, they told me the old Nikon digital compact cameras could produce nice photos, but the quality is now dropped...
Then, the salesman who sold me Olympus camera introduced me that µ830... he explained much and gave good service and offer.... although µ840 is a newer model replacing this, still I think the one I bought was quite okay ...

In fact, the extra original lithium ion battery I bought was only about RM50... which is far cheaper than the normal price (more than hundred), as it's promotional price came along with this camera.
A tabletop mini tripod + 2Gb XD memory card + LCD Protector (stick on the LCD) were the free gifts.

Refer the following link to view details: http://www.olympusimage.com.my/products/dica/mju/1176312_833.html

Thanks Ming for accompanying me to visit shops and wait long... haha... me too mafan.... paiseh...

After trying out the new camera at home... I am kinda regret =.='' as I had spent over budget... and dissatisfied of something....
I compared the photo quality with the one taken by old Nikon camera.. found that the older one seems to have sharper and brighter colour....

Well well well.. I should have known this before buying... because there were photos from different cameras in my laptop (collected from other people before, taken during activities), and I should compare the qualities of those photos!

As a not Pro photographer, I guess I put much attention on the sharpness.... and found that this camera.....

- under insufficient light condition, the photos taken would be of lots noise, "grains"... because its aperture range is only F3.3 - 5.0

- [The smaller the F-stop number (or f/value), the larger the lens opening (aperture)]. The aperture is not large enough, so in the low-light situation, less light can be collected resulting in blurry and with noise photos.... not sharp...
what is ... aperture?

(the old nikon coolpix 885 had the aperture range:F2.8/F7.6, F4.9/F13.4)
Nikon Coolpix 885

- Video recording... the highest movie quality: 640 x 480 / 30 fps only provides 10s recording time..... Swt! the lower quality ones provies 29 minutes..... ( I want unlimited... can? aiks..)

Anyhow, this new camera does have many satisfying features..
- All Weatherproof: Camera is protected against water sprays and rain (not waterproof though)
- quite small size and light camera
- fast response
- Mechanical Image Stabilizer (anti-shaking), I tried to capture fast-moving object with this function with flash light, it works quite well!
- many easy-to-use scene modes
- higher zoom: 5x
- 8.0 Mega Pixels
- Face Detection Technology (The camera searches a face within the frame and focus on it)
- Shadow Adjustment Technology (the subject's face appears brighter even against backlight and the color of the background is enhanced in the picture. This function can also be used to shoot a subject inside a home or building from outside) [not tested yet..]
- 2.5" HyperCrystal LCD with a bright display even in brilliant sunlight and at extreme angles (230,000 pixels)


took with my mobile phone k700i 0.3MP...

I think I must consider for longer time before making such decision involving much money! I must go home next time after gathering so much information, to digest and make the wise decision hoho.....

I will try to love this new camera... although I felt like I still prefer Nikon's ...

(if I didn't buy this camera, I might have changed my mobile phone to Sony Ericson K800i...)
I'm busy exploring it everyday now haha... having two batteries, no worry! hehe.. still figuring out either the battery can last long or not... so far so good, but the charging hour per battery is 5 hours!
I have taken quite many photos... those took at outdoor under bright sun are quite nice....

Will upload some photos soon.. and mostly the photos going to upload in my blog will be all from this camera. This is my 2nd hubby haha... because it's still cheaper than my hubby laptop... but more expensive than my mobile phone k700i.

T_T I'm poor now! Hope I will get the job I want....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home