Saturday, June 23, 2007

这是单身的好处?

Since the day I've known I'm going to Penang to pursue my study... I am so excited and happy...

These few days, I've been busy 'visiting' forums, chatting on the phone with my friends to discuss, applying PTPTN online etc....

I don't feel sad or unwilling to leave Kuala Lumpur, my hometown...unlike most of my friends do.
I know I'm going to miss my family, but not my home maybe...
I will miss my friends too, but I think most of them won't.... haha... "most" I mean, not "all", okay...
Other than that, nothing to be missed ... I guess...

It's actually good being a Single in this situation.
Whenever I said it's so good to study at USM, in Penang in front of my friends with their boyfriend/girlfriend, they would say... yer, why do you like to go so far away from here so much wor... you don't miss your home meh...
Aiyo, miss home? Ya, I miss... I know they miss their homes too, but the main People they miss is not the home but the BF, GF lah...

It's really hard for the couples to be falling apart... there are many couples around me facing this problem, for examples:
Mak & Jin (Malacca & KL, a very short distance compared to others);
Hong & MJ (UPM Serdang & UUM Kedah, far!);
Khoo & SY (Indonesia & UUM Kedah... farther! Khoo doesn't accept the offer from IPTA);
Goh & Huey (the longest distance! UMS Sabah & USM Penang! with the big ocean in between... farthest!)

Well, what they can do now is to appreciate the time spending together,... so many of them tend to stick together everyday... and I have to prepare my things on my own, I mean... when I want to go and buy things... I've to find people who is still single to accompany me... and it's hard to find. I know I have many single friends, but most of these friends prefer to go with family/ don't want to go out/ also not free to go with me etc...

In a nutshell, it's better for me to go far away and get to know more new friends (and more Males? haha) than staying here being alone at the room always...

Wish my friends who failed to get a place in IPTA can appeal successfully... (don't know when can they know the result...)
oh yea... "Miss Wong" (Nee) will be going to Sabah too! She gets a place at UMS for the "Matematik dengan ekonomi".
Many of my batch get UMS huh? So far... as I know, nobody gets UNIMAS!

Anyone out there... who wants to see me before I leaving Kuala Lumpur, we may have a gathering before the coming Friday!

2 Comments:

Blogger timbergurl said...

hey! i'm glad that you're happy with your choice of uni. i'm sure you'll have a blast in penang!

me and my bf oso LDR, im in spore, he's in KL. but guess if it's meant to be, it's meant to be. =)

June 24, 2007 7:12 pm  
Blogger hedwig elaine said...

hehe.. thanks, although I am so unsure what I can do after graduation... but, I believe I will be okay too la...
I will try hard to get good result in U !

I truly understand what's the feeling of couples being apart..
I'm glad to know you're very okay with it too!

June 25, 2007 12:38 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home