Sunday, August 20, 2006

Orchestra @ DFP

Jin, May, Teng & Me went to KLCC by KTM & LRT at 9am.... and reached there by 10am...
Before that few more people had actually agreed to go together with us, but they suddenly said don't want to go.... !!!
Other than 4 of us, our senior (not my form 6 senior) Hwa Hong also went, and he wanted to watch both performances -- 12pm & 2pm, while we could only watch the 2pm one. Tickets might be collected at the DFP Box Office from 2 hours prior to the performance. So if we watched the 12pm's, we might miss the 2pm one.


We had our "breakfast" at the foodcourt then we went to the DFP. There was a foyer event -- Encounter's High Winds Ensemble, also kinda orchestra performance at 11am which lasted 30 minutes:



Although the tickets for 2pm's performance would only be distributed at 12pm, but we started to queued early so that we could get good places! hehe
yeah, we were at the front part of the long long queue!
Each person could take 2 tickets, and there were 4 of us, so we could take 8 tickets. hey, we didn't take extra of course, other than taking the tickets for ourselves, the extra 4 were for Hwa Hong & 3 other friends that were coming late -- Yunn Zhi & Nong Xin + her boyfriend.
*yes, 4 of us were so kind to help them to collect the tickets =p

self-snap photo by me, the one at the left in the photo is me, May is at the right ~ nice leh.... hahaha!!! I can photograph well oh! =D


Next, we went to Kinokuniya for a 'look'.... while waiting the exciting moment, we went to foodcourt to have a rest -- eating & drinking ....
We met our friends, H.Hong who had just finished watching the performance of 12pm and Yunn Zhi there, then went to the DFP when the time was near to 2pm. Nong Xin and her boyboy met us there too..... and entered the hall....

We were required to put our bags at the counter and switch off the handphone and were not allowed to do any recording etc...
The conductor was Kevin Field, and sigh.... I couldn't really get what he said as he was talking with slang @@" seems like I'm quite weak in listening.... (that's why I got low marks in listening part of MUET..), while other audience were responding (such as laughing or replying...) to him, I was like a deaf-mute....

There were so many types of musical instruments..... I didn't know about naming them and didn't know how to identify the instruments by that time as my knowledge about music is so limited! After telling by Jin (she has learnt music esp. organ for many years!), only then I got to know a little information about them.... and I had checked it out just now, there were 4 groups of instrument -- strings, woodwinds, brass, and percussion.
(which group should the 'keyboard instruments be classified in? hmm....)....
oh.... I don't know much about music indeed! and I wish I would have the chance to learn about music in the future....

oh yeah... the orchestra was nice! I enjoyed myself so much in the 'concert'! Feel~ feel~
The music performed were the ones we could hear in the movies normally.... such as 'the ride of the valkyries'.... and I like the 'Superman March' so much! yes, it's the theme song for Superman!
*for the music list, please refer to the brochure attached in the post earlier*

Luckily I decided to watch! yeah~
After watching this 1 hour concert, we took some photos in KLCC and went for window shopping for a while before going home.....

the "University Teknologi PETRONAS" Orchestra performed at 3.15pm, we had watched it for a while after coming out from the hall.

-DFP = Dewan Filharmonik PETRONAS

-4 of us were wearing the high-heeled shoes for the whole day long! T_T ... my legs are so painful now! I'm not used to wearing high-heeled shoe....

-hey, I'd just spent RM11.50 for this outing! hohohoho! Finally I know how to save my money huh?
RM2.80 for KTM, RM3.20 for LRT, RM4.00 for nasi lemak + teh tarik (the cheapest food I supposed you could find in KLCC which could also make you full), RM1.50 for the roti boy ~

-this was my first time to ride KTM at Kepong Central which is nearby my house! (not my first time to ride on the KTM lar, I mean the railway station!)

-I LOVE MUSIC..... and I hope I can learn more about you.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home