Friday, August 18, 2006

80/56, 63 beats per minute


What can you see in the photo above? 80, 56, 63..... and my hand... and a 'machine'...
Since my family had bought this "Blood Pressure Monitor" few months ago (if I'm right), I tried to "play" with it just now to test my blood pressure. Could the readings be trusted? I don't know, but I think it's quite accurate lar....

First reading, 80 as you can see in the picture, is the SYS (systole = upper value).
Second reading, 56, is the DIA (diastole = lower value).
and for the Third reading, 63, it's the pulse, that means my heart beats 72 times per minute.


Blood pressure is highest during systole, and lowest during diastole. It has two components, the systolic and diastolic pressure. Normal systolic pressure for an adult is 120 mm Hg, and normal diastolic pressure is 80 mm Hg. These values are commonly recorded as 120/80.

The normal heart beats at a rate of about 72 beats per minute (with a range of 60-100 beats per minute), but can vary with normal daily activity.

http://health.enotes.com/nursing-encyclopedia/cardiac-cycle

So, I'm quite weak right? I'm having quite a bit "over normal", low blood pressure, and low heart beat rate...... that's why I am always looked pale, and during my first day of period, I felt dizzy~
lack of exercise I guess..... and I'm always staying in the air-conditioned room...........sit down and move less..... =.="

However, having low blood pressure is still better than having high blood pressure (hypertension) which can cause the development of some diseases~~

People who have lower blood pressures have a lower risk of strokes, kidney disease, and heart diseases. Athletes, people who exercise regularly, people who maintain ideal body weights, and non-smokers, tend to have lower blood pressures. Therefore, low blood pressure is desirable as long as it is not low enough to cause symptoms and damage to organs in the body.

Although I'm plump, I don't have high blood pressure!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home