Sunday, July 19, 2009

盆踊り 2009 @ Esplanade Penang

yo... finally Bon Odori 2009 ended yesterday -- 18th July 2009.

It was the 3rd time I attended the event at Penang. Well, in fact I didn't attended even once for the one in Shah Alam KL.... I must go there in future with my dear hmm.... hehe

Searched back the posts I blogged about Bon Odori in the past years, well... now only I know I forgot to blog about it last year lolz. But that time many things had happened and I was truly busy too.

So, what's the difference between these 3 times I had attended...

1st time was during my 1st year of University life. That time I was following the trip to the destination by bus provided by the Japanese Language Society. I was not yet the member. I went with Huey, Hui and Valerie them... we were staying in the same area of hostel. Everything seemed so fresh to us. I was still very free that time.
-weather:rain-

2nd time, 2nd year. I had already become the committee member. I was also one of the person in charged to take care of the people boarding the bus... That 2nd year was truly the busiest period to me.
-weather:rain-

3rd time, 3rd year. I am still the committee member of the Japanese Language Society. The main difference for the bon odori this year was that I also joined the performance of Yosakoi Dance with Pink Hibiscus team. For this dance, there were two teams of us -- USM Japanese Language Society's and Pink Hibiscus team.

After few times of practises and two times with the Hitomi sensei, finally we successfully performed the dance~ hehe, I was quite satisfied with my performance... as the 1st-row performer, I was quite stress but had trained many times and hence I was no longer that nervous ^^

Too bad that we didn't have a special costume for this dance. We just tied a big ribbon using the obiおび and wearing whole black with short pant. Besides, we also had 3 'stripes' painted on our faces @@'' haha... weird?
oh ya, there's also a pinky flower (a fake one) attached on us haha...
-weather:NO RAIN- huhu...

Huey & I ... reminded me of our first year moments...

ChengBao-TSK-LWW-Me~

the sweet couple TY+Ming with the coupons...

hmm... I could say that I enjoyed the night very much... better than the last two years' I guess... I think it's because this was probably the last time I would attend the Bon Odori at Penang, and with my best gang of friends at USM. I truly appreciated my friends for enjoying the night together and helped to take photo + recording of my dance ^^

Ming-PuiFun-Marianne-GuiSong-Me (=歌咏组)


LBK & Huey.... wow, Huey changed another style~

For the photos of dancing.... I didn't get them yet haha... the photos here were from my own camera. May upload more photos and video...
oh ya... forgot to mention one thing I found very good to share, from the stall which we bought food using coupons, the food container used were not non-biodegradable styrofoam! wow... good to have initial move on using biodegradable food containers~ *clap hand*


beautiful fireworks....

How I wished my dear was there to support me and enjoyed the event....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home