Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Bye NUS

yeah...today and tomorrow are Public Holiday as Wesak Day & Labour Day fall on the same day -- 1st May.
so happy to be having holiday; Last Thursday was also holiday for public sector (including teachers =p) to mark the installation of Yang Di Pertuan Agung Tuanku Mizan Zainal Abidin (Hari Pertabalan).
Holiday... it's meaningful for us who work; if I am not working/studying, everyday would be holiday for me and hence the public holiday would mean nothing~ right?
It's good to be a teacher huh?.. lolz, if I'm working as a promoter, I will have no holiday then?..but may get double pay lah..

I was woken up by a sms at about 11.30am today @@" haha... slept a bit late yesterday... the sms was from Jin, asking me did I get any offer from NUS~ o.O
that meant, the result of NUS application was out already!
Immediately, I went to check for it at NUS website.
"Your current status is Admission Denied."

hmm... it's in the expectation, but I still felt a little bit of dissapointment..
Then, I informed Hoon to check and she is offered Science, her second choice. *science includes many courses like life sciences, physics related courses, mathematics'...etc*
She is not sure whether want to accept the offer or not, $$ is a big matter and another problem is, she is only accepted into the Science, and she still needs to 'fight' with other to get the specific course after that~
Ching also applied for NUS, and she is offered with Business. haha... by the way, she has already accepted the offer with scholarship from NTU.
Congratulations to all of them - my friends and my net friends who got it.


Now... hope for I will get any of my 8 choices for Local University ... *praying hard*

4 Comments:

Blogger zickleer said...

dun worry elaine....im sure there's a lot of people outthere who would love to award u with tonnes of scholarships wan...pray a lot:)

teikywengy

May 02, 2007 1:24 am  
Blogger hedwig elaine said...

haha... NUS.. tat one is not scholarship, it's just that I failed to get the admission to study at NUS..

btw, thanks ya..

May 02, 2007 2:46 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

we can appeal wat elaine.. 30 May is the start of the appeal process if im not mistaken.. Me another "Admission Denied" recepient :P

May 15, 2007 1:16 pm  
Blogger hedwig elaine said...

ya, I know I can appeal... I will do so by that time too... btw, even if I get the offer, not 100% I will go there de.

er... may I know who are you, Cal?

May 17, 2007 3:48 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home