Saturday, April 28, 2007

KRS?!

Today was Saturday, and I needed to work too... I had to teach a standard 4 class - 4P for cocurriculum - Uniform Unit - KRS!
KRS = Kadet Remaja Sekolah!

Well, are you thinking... huh, this Elaine know about KRS?
haha.. bingo, I didn't know anything at all actually!
But as a relief teacher, I have to be an all-rounder =p
and actually, most of the teachers in primary school who teach for Uniform Unit don't really clearly know about it as they themselves weren't a member of the Unit before.
What we all can do is to refer to the guidebook, and learn from there.

Today was the 4P's class second time to learn about KRS; According to the record, their first time was used to choose the committee members. So, hehe... I just copied the information provided in the guidebook which was in Malay language on the blackboard.
I taught them about the Sejarah & Tujuan KRS Ditubuhkan (the History & the purpose of this KRS to be set up).
They didn't really understand of what I was copying as the words used were too difficult for them. So I had to explain word by word, provided them the meanings in chinese words.

Other than those, I also copied the Rukunegara (national principles) 国家原则 for them:
Kepercayaan kepada Tuhan 信奉上苍
Kesetiaan kepada Raja dan Negara 忠于君国
Keluhuran Perlembagaan 维护宪法
Kedaulatan Undang-undang 尊崇法治
Kesopanan dan Kesusilaan 培养德行

Since one of the purpose of the KRS is to instil the patriotism to the students, so I think they should know what's the exact pledge they actually recite every week during assembly! I know there are some students who don't know the real words to recite and the meanings of this words!
*hmm.. I think I also didn't know it when I was studying standard 4, paiseh..*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home