Wednesday, August 17, 2005

I killed it?

my mum helped me to catch a beetle yesterday.... when she 'accidentally' saw it~
why did she want to help me to catch?
haha, I'm a biology student, and I need its life.... I need it as my specimen for my insects' collection (a project)....
ah... very sorry to it >"<
I brought it to school today, and I showed it to my biology teacher, and then we killed it...
He put in a cotton dipped with chloroform into the small bottle which I used to keep the beetle.

before that, that beetle was still and didn't move at all (maybe sleeping?)(and it also hugged the small piece of bread I put inside ~ ah.. actually I'm not sure what I have to use to feed it, I also gave it small pieces of leaves) (why did it hug the bread? just like we hug the pillow when sleeping? =.=")
after the cotton being put into the bottle, it started to struggle... (ah.. guilty..) ...
then... gradually stop moving...
however, after we finished the double biology periods, it started to move again O_O
I thought it had died, but then teacher explained that choloroform just used to make it fainted and become unconscious...
so.. to kill it, teacher poured some choloroform directly into the bottle.... then.. it really died. (actually there was another insect catched by a member of my group too)

in fact, we are not going to use choloroform/or this method to kill the insects we catch.
We will use the big glass bottle (which size at least we can put in our hands the bottle freely), and use another chemical fluid (forgot what is its name) absorbed by the 'plaster of parris', evaporate, and release the smell to kill it~
Sorry but have to sacrifice you (insects) ~

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ask the teacher to use cynaaide.

btw, try to sneak out some of the chroloform. it'll be fun.

August 19, 2005 12:48 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmm speaking of choroform.. i still remember how we used to disect and "operated" on frogs last time. miss those time. really i do.

August 19, 2005 12:49 am  
Blogger Patrick Leong said...

That's sad. An innocent creature being tortured for the sake of humans.

Ok, I'm getting emotional. LoL

August 21, 2005 10:05 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home