Sunday, December 16, 2007

24th - 29th November 2007

Searched and found the website of our USM Muka Head Marine Life Research Station website: http://mukahead.tripod.com/

here I roughly describe what I've had done during the second week of semester break stay at USM to do lab works etc...


24th November 2007, Saturday

Lucky to have another gang of new friends, so that I didn't need to walk alone the long way to School of Biological Science in the main campus from our far far away hostel... haha..
The night before, we were so busy chatting in the room in big gang!
At about 8.30am, we gathered and thought there was a meeting before starting our lab works.. however, the person in charged didn't come. At 9am, we straight away headed to the lab concerned.

Like the week before, we were in our group and at the same time did our lab work at different lab respectively. However, members of Group A4 had been distributed to Group A1, A2 and A3, as we had only 3 days to do those works...

This day, my Group A2 went to Microbiology Lab. We were required to prepare microscope slides of bacteria by performing Gram stain; and slides of fungus by using simple stain. We had spent much time preparing slides, drawing and labelling..
We had only finished the work at about 4pm...


so many microscopes huh! this is our microbiology lab~
At night, we were having meeting and preparing power point slides for presentation....


25th November 2007, Sunday

Although it was a Sunday, there was no holiday for us...It was our turn to deal with Plant's lab work.. and I would like to say it's more likely a drawing class! We had to observe the slides prepared under the microscope.. and then draw the structures of plants out.. and labelled...
Kept on drawing for hours... @@"

took this with our plant teacher, Ms. Hasni, with Zati, Hazirah and Atiqah
At night again, I went to Tekun Cafe to go online (as there was no wireless signal received in my room), and to search informations for my power points slides.


26th November 20o7, Monday

The very last day to do lab work... my group dealt with Animal's this time..
We didn't need to draw but just to label and label... besides, we also did the "Mark and recapture" method to estimate population size of animal.... the "animal" here we used was soya beans and black beans! lolz... hahaha...

Kim Yin and Chai Lee were busy couting the beans (= animals haha..)


me with the big preserved turtle...
We were going to do presentation the next day! So, surely we had a meeting again... however, I hadn't finished the slides yet! At the end, we didn't practise but just chatting... and of course I was still manged to prepare the slides and gave them to Flory to combine the works.


27th November 2007, Tuesday

Not everyone wore formal suits, but I did wear formal.. as most of us didn't expect we would be having a presentation session before these 2 weeks of course.
The presentation was held in a small room.. with 4 teachers (if not mistaken) present. Each Group took about 1 hour... and we had 4 groups there.. @@"
My group was the last one to present.. but it was still okay as most of us were just 'reading'.... aiks...


After that, we were free... although we were supposed to study for Thursday's exam.. I was sleeping and being too relax.. ahaha....
But I was having group study with my friends at night lah...


28th November 2007, Wednesday

This day was a free day too, it was actually a study Day...
and Group B friends were coming back from Muka Head....
Since my room faced the main road, the pedestrian bridge and USM, I could see my group B friends arrived at the bus stop, and me being a "kind person" (ahaha) went there purposely to help them hehe...

Group B arrival at bus stop... they were taking their hostel room key..

I tried to talk and mix with them... but felt like being isolated aiks.. it's normal as they tended to talk with their group friends after mixing so well, just like I would be busy talking and enjoy talking with my group A friends...

At night, I started to study hard but wasn't able to finish the whole book aiyaya..


29th November 2007, Thursday

Went to Indah Kembara's hall for sitting the exam for this course -- 100 objective questions in one and a half hours. (and yeah.. I get an A for this course wakaka...)
After that, we went to a mamak restaurant for drinks and chatting with my gang... then went back to Tekun Cafe to have lunch with new gang of friends... I tried to mix with both gangs... haha..
Next, we were busy taking photos before going home respectively...
and thanks to my friends for helping me in packing my clothes last minutes haha.
Here, ends the story of the two-week course! hehe.. it was a very enjoyable and useful course! I've learnt many things and gained much more experience... besides able to stay so close to nature! ^_^
She was my 6-day roommate, Aqilah~
this is the way from Tekun Cafe to the hostel I stayed ... such a long way of stairs @@
Sheu Yen, Huey Sean, Chai Lee in Tekun Cafe..

Denise, Kim Yin, Me, Sheu Yen, Huey Sean, Chai Lee, Lee Yi, Sok Wah
Chee Hui, Yan Fen

yo.. going home lo....

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home