Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Penang Trip II, Nov09

29.11.09
another day of outing huhu... led by dear's cousin brother, bro Yong who is working at Penang currently. Our first destination was having lunch at Sister's char koay teow @ Lam Heng Cafe Macalister Road. Overall, it tasted quite good, maybe it's not the best but better than the other I had ever tasted. Ops, you're right, I did not hunt for much nice food although I have stayed in Penang for more than 2 years...


Next, we went to visit the Christian cemetery, looking for the tomb of Francis Light. Hmm... it was suggest by bro Yong, but we did not manage to find it. I just post up two photos showing signboards here, felt like not good to post the other photos showing tombs...

Then we passed by the Cheong Fatt Tze Mansion, a special building with historical value. We were not allowed to visit as we liked, and must wait for the tour guided at certain time. Hence, we did not waste our time here... just took some look. For more information about this mansion, can refer to the link below:

Before we proceeded to the next place, we had some thirst quencher -- coconut drink by the road side. The Indians who sold the coconut had really good skills to open up the coconuts! Then we went to the
Little Penang Street Market at Upper Penang Road, which showcases Penang's culture and creativity. It usually takes place only on the last Sunday of every month.
I was so excited when I saw the stuffs below.

and finally, I had bought one of the little owl back home:
This owl actually similar but smaller in size with the one I bought back in 2005.

It was a short Penang trip which used up only part of the afternoon. Thanks to bro Yong for bringing us to those places that I never been ^^

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home